IGEPP in figures
- 47 INRA research scientists
- 14 AGROCAMPUS OUEST professors and assistant professors
- 10 University Rennes 1 professors and assistant professors
- 116 technicians (indoor and outdoor)
- 15 professional scientists and technicians
- 27 PhD students
- 5 research teams
- 1 support team
- 6 technological platforms
- 1 French Program “Investments for the Future“ coordinated (Rapsodyn) et 4 co-partners (PeaMUST, GENIUS, Breedwheat, Aker)
- €4 m annual budget
- Created January 1st 2012
IGEPP is a French public Institute under the authority of two French Ministeries:
• Ministry of Agriculture Ministère de l'Agriculture, de l’Agroalimentaire et de la Forêt
• Ministry of Research Ministère de l'Enseignement supérieur et de la recherche
As a joint research unit for research and higher education, IGEPP's staff is composed of people from:
• INRA French National Institute for Agricultural Research: The largest Agricultural Research Institute in Europe
• AGROCAMPUS OUEST Institute for Life, Food and Horticultural Sciences, and Landscaping
• University of Rennes 1
IGEPP is situated in North-Western France – only 2 hours from Paris – and is spread across five locations.
- Ploudaniel: 30 people working mainly on genetic resistance to the most damaging pathogens of potato culture: late blight, nematodes and viruses. This site also hosts the BrACySol Biological Resource Center.
- Le Rheu and Rennes: INRA, AGROCAMPUS OUEST and University of Rennes 1.
- Angers: AGROCAMPUS OUEST entomologists of the EGI team working on plant insect interactions, local adaptation and integrated pest management.